CBD oil tincture is a cannabidiol-infused herbal extraction, which comes in a liquid form and is immensely popular for its high potency rate. Created by soaking CBD extracts into alcohol, these products offer a huge variety of benefits like easing anxiety and depression, treating insomnia, inducing entourage effect and treating other neurological disorders. Although tinctures containing alcohol are highly recommended for long-lasting relief, they are also available in vinegar or glycerine form.
Are CBD Oils And Tinctures Same?
While "CBD tincture" is often used in place of "CBD oil", these two are considered different products. CBD tinctures are created by combining CBD extracts with alcohol. However, CBD oils are made by adding CBD to solutions like olive or coconut oil.
Benefits of CBD Oil Tincture
1. Non-psychoactive properties- While CBD is derived from the same plant as marijuana; the two differ in their chemical properties. Marijuana consists of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, which makes you high. On the other hand, CBD does not contain this substance and is proved not to induce any mind-altering side effects. In fact, CBD oil tincture and other products produce endocannabinoids, which react with the human endocannabinoid system (ECS) and regulates sleeping patterns, mood swings and appetite.
2. Can cause an entourage-effect- CBD products come in a wide range of options like CBD isolate, broad-spectrum and full-spectrum. Isolate products consist of pure CBD extracts, making them not-so potent when it comes to inducing a long-lasting relief. However, wide- and full-spectrum products are a blend of CBD, an acceptable amount of THC and terpenes; thus, designed to create an entourage effect. The entourage effect is a proven theory stating that CBD works better when combined with other substances.
3. Anti-pain properties- Several studies point out that CBD oil tincture reacts with ECS's receptors and reduces chronic muscle pain, nerve pain, sclerosis, muscle spasm and inflammation. CBD products also improve movement and sleeping patterns in people suffering from arthritis.
4. Neuroprotective abilities- CBD is known to react with brain cells and make you less prone to neurological disorders like epilepsy, regular seizures, psychosis, Dravet syndrome, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Regular ingestion of CBD also prevents cognitive decline.
5. Easing anxiety and depression- Mental disorders like anxiety and depression are usually treated with pharmaceutical drugs like benzodiazepines, which can not only induce harmful side-effects but can also set the path for substance-abuse. However, CBD reacts with brain receptors and helps regulate mood and behaviour. It also eases symptoms like insomnia after PTSD, trauma, hyperventilation, sweating and shaking.
Directions To Use CBD Oil Tincture
CBD oil tinctures are rich in cannabidiol extracts and might be overwhelming if consumed in heavy amounts. Therefore, it's advisable to start with small doses, wait for at least 6 hours before the next intake and gradually increase the quantity to find the right amount. First-time users can start with 5-10 mg and increase the dosage slowly.