Reporting directly to the CEO, the Administrative Assistant to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Administrative Assistant serves as a liaison to the Senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with the general staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the SLT, The Management Team (based in United States), and members of team.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Team Members and Clients in USA on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed. (See Board Support.)
- Conducts research on prospective corporate to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with vendors, clients and prospects.
Administratively supports CEO as recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks, drafts emails and other correspondence as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the training and support of New Members to the team.
- Provide assistance to CEO as needed in the accounting/financial operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, co-ordinating with Accounts/Tax team
- Position reports to CEO and works directly with him.
- Works directly with senior level staff and Accounts Team both internally and externally.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with technology/marketing/digital marketing/Sales background and an interest in technology/digital marketing.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Minimum Three years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization (i.e., Digital Marketing, Technology, FinTech, FMCG).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and vendors.
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful.
- Ability to learn new software such as Asana, Slack, ProtonMail, Boardable, Todoist etc.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- American Accent Speaking and Writing will be an added advantage
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. CBDOils.com has an excellent benefits package.