The CBDOils.comSeller Relationship Manager is critical to the success and growth of the entire company. To ensure the success of our top merchants and help CBDOils.com meet its financial goals, we are looking for an ambitious, yet empathetic, self-starter who wants to help build out one of the most important functions at CBDOils.com. This individual will heavily contribute to adding the new merchants to our portfolio, the retention of our top merchants and provide a critical feedback loop between our merchants’ needs and our internal team initiatives. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in account management or e-commerce and be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written. He or she needs to be extremely organized, keep a detailed list of action items, and always close the loop.
For this role, you will need to you will need to stay informed about the market, industry trends, and CBDOils.com’s development roadmap. Day to day, he or she may be on multiple account calls, send follow-ups to merchants, provide learnings to our product team, interact with our support team, draft reports, track results of new product releases, and build relationships with merchants.
- Build and own the relationship for your key accounts, driving engagement and satisfaction
- Understand your merchants’ strategic needs, business results, satisfaction, risk profile, and growth opportunities
- Be your merchants’ internal advocate — communicate your account set’s needs to the team and provide proactive updates
- Keep senior management informed of any issues affecting the overall health and risk of your accounts
- Keep detailed notes and prepare weekly account set updates including merchant growth, retention, platform usage, and additional health metrics
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Foster strong relationships with the merchants and their teams
- Listen to merchant needs and provide guidance on how to utilize our software to meet their goals, collect needs/requirements, and sharing best practices
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new features, based on Merchant needs and feedback
- Partner with internal CBDOils.com’s teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests
- Communicate product releases and updates to merchant community
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Accurately forecast sales activity and retention through proper use of internal tools
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Empathy! Running a business is hard and our merchants are making magic happen, be there to listen and help provide solutions where possible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to build rapport and manage relationships
- Dedication to continuous follow-ups, you don’t let any box go unchecked
- Experience managing large and/or complex accounts; relationship management is your secret weapon
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you doIntellectual curiosity, become a master in our space and don’t be afraid to learn some new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a cadence of delivering quarterly results
- ..your lists have lists!
- Minimum 2 years experience as an account executive or similar role
- Knowledge of e-commerce or online business models
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in full Google Docs suite, especially with Sheets or similar spreadsheet tools
- Previous work and familiarity with customer relationship management systems (CRM)
Who we want to work with
We want to work with people who are looking for an investment of time, passion, and skill, not just people who are looking for their next job before their next job. We want you to have passion for what we do, and why we do it, and show up each day ready to impact the team and our vision. We are looking for people hungry for knowledge, ready for a challenge, excited to learn new things and tackle big problems with a team, and people who don’t get queasy when change happens. Change happens a lot around here. It’s one way we stay ahead of issues and setbacks…anticipate them and find ways to adapt and win.
We are looking for people who are self-aware, willing to acknowledge what they don’t know and are ready to improve, and those that are confident in their strengths and how those can serve the team and our customers. We love feedback and coaching and you should, too. It’s how we grow better, together. We want problem solvers who pride themselves in high octane output rather than box-checkers who pride themselves in accomplishing a task list or burning down the clock. Let’s do meaningful work, smarter and better than others.
We want to work with people who are respectful, people who assume good intent, are generally kind and enjoyable to be around. Politics don’t work well here, and winning as an individual but losing as a team is losing in our eyes. We want people who are others-oriented with a desire to win collectively, and win big!